Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A nice crafty weekend

After I finished my first Waldorf inspired doll a few weeks ago, a friend told me that the Berkeley Waldorf school was organizing a Waldorf inspired doll making class. It happened on last Saturday and... I was in. It was so nice to be able for once to leave the kids with their Dad and be able to focus on one project for 7 hours in a row. :)

Quelques jours après avoir terminé mon premier bébé Waldorf, il y a quelques semaines, une amie m'a fait part d'un cours organisé par l'école Waldorf de Berkeley. Ce cours avait lieu samedi dernier et... j'y étais ! Quel plaisir pour une fois de laisser les enfants avec leur papa et de pouvoir me concentrer sur un projet pendant 7 heures d'affilées.  :)

Our teacher / Notre prof
Picture © Berkeley Waldorf

My doll on the way / Mon poupon en cours de construction
Picture © Berkeley Waldorf 

We had the opportunity to buy some clothing to bring it back home fully dressed. I didn't get any, and decided to make my own. This is more fun, isn't it?

A l'issue du cours nous pouvions acheter quelques vêtements pour le ramener tout habillé. J'ai finalement décidé de ne pas me laisser tenter et de les faire moi-même. C'est plus droôle quand même !

And here is our brand new little boy. Our family is definitively growing! :)
Et voici notre nouveau petit garçon. Notre famille s'agrandit ! :)
  

Homemade pants and sweater are made with re-purposed fabrics: old jeans of mine and an old wool sweater from my husband that had been already been partially used to make wool pants for my youngest one.
I'll published the patterns in a few days on this blog.

Le pantalon et le pull ont été faits dans des vêtements usagés: un vieux jean à moi et un vieux pull de laine à mon mari qui avait été partiellement utilisé pour faire un pantalon de laine à mon petit dernier. Rien ne se perd ! :)
Je publierai les patrons dans quelques jours sur ce blog. 

But this is not all. On Sunday, I went for a brunch with a few friends. My friend Maggie is taking a needle felting class at the moment and here is what she came up with.

Mais ce n'est pas tout. Dimanche, je suis allée prendre un brunch avec des amies. L'une d'elles, Maggie, suis un cours de laine feutrée et voici ce qu'elle a fait pour moi.

 This lovely pixie came in a lovely paper nutshell. Cute and so thoughtful!
Ce joli petit lutin est arrivé dans une coquille de noix de papier. Vraiment trop mignon et tellment gentil !

I could get used to such weekends! LOL
Je prendrais bien d'en avoir souvent de tels weekend! MDR 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...